It sounds like DCI.
- Keynote: Architecture the Lost Years - Robert Martin - Ruby Midwest 2011
- Keynote: Architecture the Lost Years by Robert Martin - YouTube
- Rails is a web application framework. Its top-level architecture tells nothing about the application.
- The Web is a delivery mechanism. The Web is a detail. The Web is not important. The Web is a pipe. It is not the central structure of your application. The Web is just a damn detail.
- Architecture is about intent.
- The database is not the centre of your application. The database is a detail, something that you don't want to know about.
- A good architecture allows major decisions to be deferred.